To start with, the obvious question that may come to your mind is, “what are membrane switches?” These are basically momentary contact switches which might be widely used in place of mechanical switch assemblies. It may also save a variety of PCB (printed circuit board) space and are extremely easy to operate.
Some features of membrane switches are:
* Momentary Action – When released the poles separate as the flexing membrane returns to the previous position.
* Direct Contact – The poles need to be in direct contact with each other. Hall Effect or ferrite core is not going to work on this case.
* Low Application of Voltage – You can’t use a high voltage source while using a membrane switch.
* Membrane Layer – A thin flexible layer is required that bends during switch operations and is used to short both poles together.
* Static Layer – As is evident from the name, this layer does not bend during switch operation and is used to carry one or both poles or short the switches together.
Nowadays, membrane switches are used extensively in membrane keypads. Keypads usually have separate parts but membrane keypads have symbols and letters embossed on a flexible surface. It is usually known as a pressure pad. The explanation for their popularity is because they come at a really reasonable price. Another advantage of those keypads is that they’re more resistant to dust and liquids as in comparison with other keypads. This product has found various applications in calculators, microwave ovens, buildings which have restricted access, and even in remote controls. The LED (light emitting diode) technology helps in effectively backlighting any kind of text and graphics. Polyester dome switches of high temperature capacity will also be designed using membrane switch technology.
If you want to know more about membrane switch manufacturers, then the most effective option is to visit the websites that deal with such products. A hybrid switch system could be very much in use these days. keegroupusa.com is a trusted website that deals with such products. All you need to do is login to the web site and browse through the product catalog. After you may have made your choice, you may have to position your order by informing them about your requirements. You can rest assured that you simply won’t be cheated out of your money. They may offer you a top quality product at an extremely reasonable price. So what are you waiting for? Get your very own assembly system today!